Networking as a Santa Clara University Online Student
Santa Clara University's Online MBA and Master of Science in Marketing programs are designed to help you become deeply integrated into the Silicon Valley, whether you're located in the Bay Area or work full time on the opposite coast. Online resources keep you connected to faculty leaders, current students, and Leavey School of Business alumni, while on-ground networking and skill-building events bring you face to face with innovative business owners, executives, and corporate consultants.
SCU Networking and Development Opportunities
- Leavey Graduate Programs Monthly Newsletter: Keep track of planned networking events, specialty courses, company visits, student development organizations, and more with this monthly newsletter
- Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE): Working in partnership with Bay Area business leaders, the CIE offers a variety of on-site career development and networking events, including:
- Case Study Competition: This event presents students with a specific corporate challenge and gives them three hours to propose an original, targeted solution
- Tech Treks: Exclusive to online students at SCU, these company tours are hosted by current students located throughout the region and take you to technology, healthcare, finance, and media firms for an inside look at how Silicon Valley businesses operate
- Graduate Business Student Clubs: Leavey School of Business graduate students manage a number of student clubs that demonstrate their diversity, motivation, and commitment to personal and professional development. Among the membership opportunities available to our Online MBA and MS in Marketing students are:
- Venture Capital Investment Competition: Our online students are invited to participate and compete in this collaborative experience that draws together graduate business students from all over the world with venture capital firm representatives and innovative startups to simulate the VC investment process. Since Silicon Valley is the international hub for venture capital, students at Santa Clara University are well-positioned for this opportunity to emulate and learn from the strategies and insights of experienced VCs
- Startup Grind Global Conference: The Leavey School of Business sponsors a group of Online MBA students each year to attend this global conference. If you are an entrepreneur, this is the event for you! Top venture capital firm representatives and startup CEOs will be speaking at the 2019 conference, including CEOs from Airbnb, ClassPass, SoulCycle, Stripe, Box, Casper, Blue Bottle Coffee, Y Combinator, Brandless, Front, Blavity, Airtable, ZipRecruiter, SendGrid, and more
I get to work with some of the most brilliant minds in Silicon Valley here in this program.