Networking as a Santa Clara University Online Student
Santa Clara University's Online MBA and Master of Science in Marketing programs are designed to help you become deeply integrated into Silicon Valley, whether you're located in the Bay Area or work full time on the opposite coast. Online resources keep you connected to faculty leaders, current students, and Leavey School of Business alumni, while on-ground networking and skill-building events bring you face to face with innovative business owners, executives, and corporate consultants.
The one thing I really noticed of getting a degree at Santa Clara University is everyone knows Santa Clara, especially Silicon Valley.
SCU's network is all about really enhancing the ties in the Bronco family. We have over 15,000 MBA graduates in the Northern California area, and that's a network that any of our students can tap into at any time.
The strong alumni network, the proximity as far as location for me is concerned. I wanted to be in the Silicon Valley post-MBA, so I thought this would be a great way to not only tap into the alumni network but also the location.
The Santa Clara network professionally offers me the opportunity to see what's possible in various industries located here in Silicon Valley. It opens up doors for me to build connections and relationships that help professionally but also allow me to see what's possible and to experiment with other different avenues that I, myself, might not initially see.
That Silicon Valley Professional Program, it's literally opening doors.
So as an undergrad, I remember seeing a picture where it displayed all the fellow Broncos and major tech companies in the same compound, and if you look at that map and you're able to just summarize where previous alumni and previous Broncos are, it's all over. And so by leveraging Santa Clara's alumni network and being part of that program will set you up for great success in your career because you have this mentality and understanding that there are Broncos wherever you go.
Get Your Program Brochure
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Earn your master’s degree online with Santa Clara University. Online programs through the Leavey School of Business offer you the best of traditional on-campus programs with unparalleled flexibility. Get inspired and join in SCU’s legacy of ethics and innovation no matter where you live and work.
Complete the form to download a program brochure and get information on the program structure, curriculum, benefits and application requirements.
SCU Networking and Development Opportunities
- Leavey Graduate Programs Monthly Newsletter: Keep track of planned networking events, specialty courses, company visits, student development organizations, and more with this monthly newsletter
- Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE): Working in partnership with Bay Area business leaders, the CIE offers a variety of on-site career development and networking events, including:
- Entrepreneur Forum Speaker Series, an intimate session in which students hear from those living the "startup story" and follow up with real-time Q&A
- Business Pitch Competition, invites students to conceptualize and pitch a new business venture, with winners earning cash prizes up to $10,000
- Case Study Competition: This event presents students with a specific corporate challenge and gives them three hours to propose an original, targeted solution
- Tech Treks: Exclusive to online students at SCU, these company tours are hosted by current students located throughout the region and take you to technology, healthcare, finance, and media firms for an inside look at how Silicon Valley businesses operate
- Graduate Business Student Clubs: Leavey School of Business graduate students manage a number of student clubs that demonstrate their diversity, motivation, and commitment to personal and professional development. Among the membership opportunities available to our Online MBA and MS in Marketing students are:
- Venture Capital Investment Competition: Our online students are invited to participate and compete in this collaborative experience that draws together graduate business students from all over the world with venture capital firm representatives and innovative startups to simulate the VC investment process. Since Silicon Valley is the international hub for venture capital, students at Santa Clara University are well-positioned for this opportunity to emulate and learn from the strategies and insights of experienced VCs
- Startup Grind Global Conference: The Leavey School of Business sponsors a group of Online MBA students each year to attend this global conference. If you are an entrepreneur, this is the event for you! Top venture capital firm representatives and startup CEOs will be speaking at the 2019 conference, including CEOs from Airbnb, ClassPass, SoulCycle, Stripe, Box, Casper, Blue Bottle Coffee, Y Combinator, Brandless, Front, Blavity, Airtable, ZipRecruiter, SendGrid, and more
I get to work with some of the most brilliant minds in Silicon Valley here in this program.