How to Apply
BusinessCAS is a shared application system used by multiple schools of business across the U.S. It consists of three sections of general information that need only be submitted once to be used on applications for any participating school and one section of university- and program-specific content.
Follow this quick and simple overview to apply to the Online MBA or Online MS in Marketing program at Santa Clara University via the BusinessCAS system.
1. Create Your Account
Why do I need to create an account?
Creating an account lets you work through the application as time allows—you can save your progress, step away, and return as needed.
There is no obligation to enroll associated with completing and submitting an application.
- Navigate to the BusinessCAS online application portal and click “Create an Account”
- Fill out the required fields, including name, contact information, and username and password
- Check the box to certify your agreement to the BusinessCAS terms of service, and click “Create my account”
Need to know more?
Review application FAQs >>
By clicking "Create Your Account,” I agree to provide the contact information listed above for the purpose of receiving communications regarding educational programs and opportunities.
2. Start Your Application
How do I select the correct program?
Once you have accessed the online application portal home screen, your next step is to select your program of choice from Santa Clara University.
- Click “Add Program” in the navigation bar at the top of the screen
- Search for “Santa Clara University” in the search field, then select your preferred program option by clicking the blue plus sign to the left of the program’s name so that it becomes a green check mark
- Online MBA
- Online MBA (SCU Alumni only)
- Online MS in Marketing
- Online MS in Marketing (SCU Alumni only)
- It is possible that this page may have another university’s graduate business program already preselected. If this is the case, click on the green check mark next to its name to deselect it
Once you have selected the correct program, click “My Application” in the navigation bar to return to the home screen and begin filling out the online application.
Don't forget that you may be eligible for a GMAT/GRE waiver!
Online MBA Waiver Details >>
Online MS in Marketing Waiver Details >>
3. Complete the Online Application
How is the online application organized?
The application should require no more than two hours to complete. It is divided into four sections, each accessible from the application portal home screen:
- Personal Information: Release statement, biographical information, contact information, citizenship information, race and ethnicity, and more
- Academic History: Colleges attended, transcript entry, standardized test scores, GPA entry
- Supporting Information: Experiences (optional), achievements (optional), document uploads
- Program Materials: Select your program (Online MBA or Online MS in Marketing), then upload documents (including personal essays), request recommendations, and answer additional questions accessible via tabs on the subsequent page
At any time, you can click “My Application” in the navigation bar at the top of the page to return to the portal home screen.
Find more information about application materials:
Online MBA Application Checklist >>
Online MS in Marketing Application Checklist >>
4. Documents and Letters of Recommendations
What do I need to submit with my application?
There are several locations in the online application portal in which you must upload your supporting documents:
- Your unofficial transcripts should be uploaded in the Academic History section
- Your resume/CV should be uploaded in the Supporting Information section
- Your three business essays—collected together in one document—should be uploaded in the “Documents” tab of the Program Materials section (it will be labeled “Personal Statement” there)
You must also request your letters of recommendation from the “Recommendations” tab of the Program Materials section. For each recommender, click the “Add Recommendation” button and fill out the required contact information fields on the subsequent page, including an indication of whether you waive your right to view the recommendation.
You should allow up to two weeks to request and submit all supporting documents.
5. Submit Your Application
Ready to submit? Here are your final steps.
Once you have completed all of the required sections of the online application, proceed to the “Submit Application” tab in the navigation bar. Here you will pay your $148 application fee and make your final submission of your application.
Your application is ready to be submitted if the green progress bar under “Santa Clara University - Leavey School of Business” is filled to 100 percent and the “Submit” button is active and clickable. You should allow up to two weeks to request and submit all supporting documents.
Be sure to double check your application so that you are absolutely certain all information is correct and all required documents are included. Once you submit your application, you will be unable to change it or receive a refund for your application fee.
Upcoming Application Deadlines
6. Apply for Financial Aid
Now that your application is submitted, how will you pay for your online degree?
Congratulations! You have successfully submitted your application to an online graduate business program at Santa Clara University! But now that you have submitted your application, how will you pay for your degree?
Santa Clara University offers several exclusive scholarship opportunities to Online MBA students, and we can help you identify additional options for financing either your Online MBA or Online MS in Marketing degree.
Start by submitting your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and then consider whether you could be eligible for financial aid through your employer, the military, or another government organization.
Santa Clara University's FAFSA Code: 001326
Looking for more information?
Online MBA Tuition and Financial Aid >>
Online MS in Marketing Tuition and Financial Aid >>
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you accept e-transcripts?
Where should I send hard copies of my transcripts?
Graduate Business Admissions
Lucas Hall, Suite 116
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95053
Please note that official transcripts must be sealed when received by our admissions office. While unofficial transcripts can be provided for an initial admissions decision, official transcripts must be received before your first day of class.
Do I need copies of all transcripts, even for institutions where I completed only one class?
Do all of my support materials have to be submitted by the application deadline?
How long do my personal essays need to be?
When will I be notified of an admissions decision?
Who should I request as a reference?
Who should I contact if I have technical difficulties with the application?
Can I save my application and complete it at a later time?
You will be given the option to save your application upon completion of each section. Doing so will save your current progress, including any uploaded documents. You can then log out without losing any of your work.