Online Master’s in Finance and Analytics
The Santa Clara University Leavey School of Business is proud to offer a dynamic Online Master of Science in Finance and Analytics (MSFA) program for the modern financial professional. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, SCU Leavey is uniquely positioned to help you find success in today’s exciting business landscape entirely on your schedule and at your convenience. In as little as one year, you can master the art and science of finance and complete the program without missing a step in your career.
As new markets and strategies continue to emerge, there’s no telling where the industry will go. To stay ahead of it all, the Online MSFA faculty and staff at SCU Leavey draw from their own distinguished experiences and the far-reaching influence of our Silicon Valley neighbors. Together, they track upcoming trends and adapt the curriculum to meet the evolving needs of financial professionals. This dedication to excellence, combined with the esteem and connections for which Santa Clara is known, will make you a true organizational asset wherever you are, or wherever you plan to go next.
By clicking "Get Program Brochure,” I agree to provide the contact information listed above for the purpose of receiving communications regarding educational programs and opportunities.
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Earn your master’s degree online with Santa Clara University. Our Online Master of Science in Finance and Analytics, offered through the Leavey School of Business, teaches the finance skills and business knowledge necessary to excel in the finance sector or in a financial management role anywhere throughout the corporate world.
Complete the form to get a program detail sheet for SCU’s Online MSFA program. Get more details about the program, including information on the program structure, curriculum, benefits and application requirements.
Master Financial Management
The Online MS in Finance and Analytics program is designed for financial professionals who want to actively pursue senior positions or deepen their focus and pivot into new opportunities. Armed with enviable credentials (and the skills to back them up), you’ll develop the in-depth knowledge needed to excel in a management or C-suite role in the financial sector, or in a finance leadership role in any organization. That includes powerful career prospects as a senior financial analyst, portfolio manager, director of finance, or chief financial officer.
If you’re interested in investing in your career, there’s no better time than the present. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects the financial sector as a whole to grow over the next nine years, with much faster than average growth for financial manager roles in particular.1,2 Whether your goals point toward a future in corporate finance, capital markets, or investment management, the STEM-designated Online Master’s in Finance and Analytics from the No. 12 business school in Finance can prepare you with the knowledge, skills, and tools to take you to the next level in this lucrative and burgeoning field.3
What to Expect in the Online MSFA Program
Finance is more than counting numbers and balancing budgets, just as your journey to earning your Online MS in Finance and Analytics is more than academic. Guided by our illustrious and dedicated faculty, you’ll not only learn the intricacies of corporate finance, econometrics, investments and more, but you’ll also gain invaluable financial acumen, professional perspective and business connections to last a lifetime.
To meet employers expectations, financial leaders in today’s world must also know how to use and derive insights from rapidly evolving quantitative tools. The Online MSFA program will teach you to use analytics tools like Python and R programming, machine learning, database management, and data visualization, and our unique “Finance Forward” program theme will train you to synthesize them into a wide-ranging strategic vision.
- 36 units of credit
- 10-12 courses
- Complete in as little as 1 year
- 1 on-campus residency
- Expedited admissions pathway available for SCU alumni
- 2 opportunities to start per year (fall and spring)
- Experiential learning component
Shape Your Own Path
In keeping with the flexibility and customizability for which the Leavey School of Business is known, the Online MSFA program gives you the opportunity to craft your own curriculum with 16 units of elective credit. Whether you want to drill down further into the technical tools at your disposal, expand your knowledge in specific subject areas like valuation and financial engineering, or complete an optional supervised practicum, our program can be shaped to meet your needs.
The Online Master's in Finance and Analytics program kicks off with an introductory on-campus residency weekend. During this three-day event, you will meet your faculty and fellow students face to face for the very first time and cover the first several modules of FNCE 2400 Corporate Finance.
Residency weekend is a phenomenal opportunity to start forming the bonds that make collaboration in Santa Clara's online programs so vibrant and productive, as well as a chance to begin growing your professional network with a dynamic group of like-minded peers.
Online Master’s in Finance and Analytics Admissions Requirements
- Completed online application
- 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- $158 application fee
- This fee will be waived permanently for SCU students and alumni who apply in the SCU Alumni Pathway, as well as veterans and active-duty military.
- GMAT/GRE scores or waiver
- Official transcripts for undergraduate degree and any post-baccalaureate work
- Current resume or CV
- 2 letters of recommendation
- 3 business essays—collected together in one document—should be uploaded in the “Documents” tab of the Program Materials section (it will be labeled “Personal Statement” there)
- Personal admission interview
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a personal admission interview. Interviews can be conducted in person at Santa Clara University, via Zoom, or by telephone
- Applicants for whom English is a non-native language must demonstrate English proficiency by submitting TOEFL or IELTS test scores. This requirement will be waived for applicants who score above the 50th percentile on the GMAT or GRE verbal section
- All students, faculty, and staff are required to be fully vaccinated. To see full details please visit the COVID-19 Vaccination FAQs.
Although preferred, professional work experience is not required for admission to the Online MSFA.
Alumni Expedited Pathway to Admission
We are proud to offer a preferred and expedited admissions pathway to SCU alumni who qualify. Students are welcome to apply via this pathway if they have graduated with a GPA of 3.0 or above from the Leavey School of Business, College of Arts and Sciences, School of Education and Psychology, School of Law, or School of Theology, or a GPA of 2.5 or higher from the School of Engineering or in any STEM-related discipline.
Expedited alumni applicants need only submit the online application, personal statement and current resume/CV for initial consideration. Leavey alumni will be evaluated solely on this basis, while alumni from other schools and departments at SCU may be contacted if our admissions team deems further documentation necessary to make a decision regarding your application (GMAT/GRE scores, letters of recommendation, personal statement, etc.). Speak to an Admissions Advisor for more information.
A waiver for the GMAT/GRE requirement is available to applicants who have four or more years of full-time work experience and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited school with a cumulative GPA of 3.4 (on a 4.0 scale) for STEM majors or 3.5 or higher for non-STEM majors
- A master's, doctorate, or professional degree (JD, MD) with a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) from an accredited university
- A professional certification such as CPA or CFA (Note: Certificate programs do not count toward this requirement)
- A conferred degree that is quantitative in nature, e.g. math, engineering, or hard sciences (undergraduate or graduate)
- Five or more years of military enlistment
- Alumni of the Santa Clara University Leavey School of Business with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
No GMAT/GRE waiver is automatic, and an approved waiver enables consideration for the Online MSFA program but does not guarantee admission.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition for the Online Master's in Finance and Analytics program is currently calculated at a per unit rate of $1,358. This rate is subject to change annually.
|Online MS in Finance and Analytics Tuition||2022-2023 Academic Year|
|Cost per Unit of Credit||$1,358 (36 units)|
*Application fee waiver opportunity: The application fee for the Online MS in Marketing will be waived permanently for SCU students and alumni who apply in the SCU Alumni Pathway, as well as veterans and active-duty military!
Merit-based scholarships are available for the Online MS in Finance and Analytics. Please reach out to your Admissions Advisor for more information.
- Retrieved on March 22, 2022, from www.bls.gov/emp/tables/employment-by-major-industry-sector.htm
- Retrieved on March 22, 2022, from www.bls.gov/ooh/management/financial-managers.htm
- Retrieved on March 21, 2022, from usnews.com/education/online-education/mba/online-finance-rankings