About the Leavey School of Business
I have a lot of pride saying I go to Santa Clara University Leavey School of Business.
Before I started school here I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to do. I just thought business, like the business world, that would be fun. But what I really love about this business school is they're giving me a opportunity to see every aspect of business and really decide what I want to do.
When I started in my career I was interning and I ended up getting a job as an analyst within the San Jose Sharks hockey operations, then I started at Santa Clara University and I knew I wanted to keep progressing within my own career. I wasn't interested in switching industries or anything, so my experience at Santa Clara was basically how can I continuously improve in my current career path?
My name is Caitlin Colbert and I'm a sophomore at Santa Clara University and Leavey School of Business.
I'm Doug Wilson and I'm an alumni of the Leavey School of Business here at Santa Clara University.
The Leavey School of Business, I think, does a great job at helping students prepare for their career, because most other schools don't have many other majors that you can do inside business. It's either just a business major, an econ major, but Leavey allows you to take classes in every aspect of business to really help you decide what you want to do.
When I came here, I knew I wanted to look into creating value on the sports and entertainment side. I sat down with the directors of the graduate school and they worked with me on a course schedule that would get me to where I wanted to go.
One of the coolest things about the professors here is that a lot of them are actual business people. I think that's really cool because teaching isn't something they have to do, it's something that they choose to do along with their careers. You're getting real life professionals teaching you about the real world.
If you're looking at business programs, whether you know exactly what type of industry you want to be in or you don't, I would recommend going to a business program, or at least looking at them, in the heart of an area where there are multiple businesses of different sizes.
We are in the Silicon Valley and so we have this upper hand to other schools, and they really take advantage of that.
You have Fortune 500 companies here and you have start-ups of two people here. Any type of industry you want to be in, we have here in the Bay Area.
Leavey gives you an opportunity to really see what the business world is like so you go in prepared. I definitely feel after spending a year here that I know more about what the business world's like. I'm still figuring out exactly what I want to do, but I'm starting to see what I don't want to do, what I like, and the great part is here I can try anything.
Founded in 1923, the Santa Clara University Leavey School of Business has been educating intelligent and ethical business leaders for nearly a century. As one of the first business schools in the United States to be accredited by the Association for Advancement of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the Leavey School of Business has earned a reputation as an institution of innovation and ethics.
Some of SCU's and the business school's highlights include:
- #1 in Career Outcomes (Poets&Quants)1
- #2 for employment at tech giants2
- #11 in Academic Experience (Poets&Quants)3
- #11 Best Online MBA (Poets&Quants)4
- #11 Best Online MBA (The Princeton Review)5
- #8 in Online Finance MBA Programs (US News & World Report)6
- #25 Best Online MBA7
- #60 in National Universities8
- #10 Online Business Analytics MBA Program (US News & World Report)9
By submitting this form, I agree to provide the contact information listed above for the purpose of receiving communication regarding educational programs and opportunities, and to be contacted by Santa Clara University and Everspring, its authorized representative.
Get Your Program Brochure
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Earn your master’s degree online with Santa Clara University. Online programs through the Leavey School of Business offer you the best of traditional on-campus programs with unparalleled flexibility. Get inspired and join in SCU’s legacy of ethics and innovation no matter where you live and work.
Complete the form to download a program brochure and get information on the program structure, curriculum, benefits and application requirements.
Where Academic Training Meets Practical Experience
Essential to our mission at the Leavey School of Business is the belief that every endeavor, from nonprofit work and fine art to technology, law, and everything in between, eventually demands a sense of business to find success. In short, everyone ends up in business.
No matter a student's professional goals or intended area of focus, there is reason to explore the principles of ethical leadership and innovative problem solving that drive competitive and conscientious business practices.
We invite you to take this journey within an intimate, vibrant, and dynamic learning environment, where faculty do more than teach—they form meaningful relationships with you, mentor you, challenge you, and thereby help you carve a unique path that can lead to your success.
Leavey by the Numbers
(The Princeton Review)5
(US News & World Report)6
(U.S. News & World Report)9
Interested in Our Online MBA?
- Retrieved on December 5, 2023, from poetsandquants.com/2023/11/27/ranking-poetsquants-best-online-mba-programs-2024/5
- Retrieved on May 25, 2023, from fortune.com/education/business/articles/2022/05/18/want-to-work-at-amazon-or-microsoft-this-mba-program-is-an-unsuspecting-feeder-school-for-seattle-tech-giants
- Retrieved on December 5, 2023, from poetsandquants.com/2023/11/27/ranking-poetsquants-best-online-mba-programs-2024/6
- Retrieved on December 5, 2023, from poetsandquants.com/2023/11/27/ranking-poetsquants-best-online-mba-programs-2024/3
- Retrieved on May 25, 2023, from princetonreview.com/business-school-rankings?rankings=top-50-online-mba-programs
- Retrieved on May 25, 2023, from usnews.com/education/online-education/santa-clara-university-122931
- Retrieved on May 25, 2023, from fortune.com/education/business/best-online-mba-programs
- Retrieved on December 5, 2023, from usnews.com/best-colleges/santa-clara-university-1326/overall-rankings
- Retrieved on May 25, 2023, from usnews.com/education/online-education/mba/online-business-analytics-rankings