Online Marketing Graduate Admissions Requirements
SCU alumni: Check out our expedited admissions pathway!
All applicants to the Online MS in Marketing must possess a four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Additionally, applicants must submit the following in order to be considered for admission:
- Completed online application
- $158 application fee
- This fee will be waived permanently for SCU students and alumni who apply in the SCU Alumni Pathway, as well as veterans and active-duty military.
- GMAT/GRE scores or waiver
- Official transcripts for undergraduate degree(s) and any post-baccalaureate work.* Santa Clara University strongly prefers electronic official transcripts, which may be delivered by your institution to firstname.lastname@example.org. If necessary, hard copies of transcripts should be addressed to: Graduate Business AdmissionsLucas Hall Suite 116500El Camino RealSanta Clara, CA 95053
- Current resume or CV
- 2 letters of recommendation
- 3 business essays—collected together in one document—should be uploaded in the “Documents” tab of the Program Materials section (it will be labeled “Personal Statement” there)
- Personal admission interview
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a personal admission interview. Interviews can be conducted in person at Santa Clara University, via Zoom, or by telephone
- Applicants for whom English is a non-native language must demonstrate English proficiency by submitting TOEFL or IELTS test scores
- All students, faculty, and staff are required to be fully vaccinated. To see full details please visit the COVID-19 Vaccination FAQs.
*This includes extension programs and an evaluation from a NACES-accredited organization such as WES.
The application checklist provides an easy step-by-step guide for how to submit a successful application.
Download Application Checklist
A GMAT/ GRE waiver for the Online MS in Marketing is available to applicants who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Master's degree or doctorate from an accredited college or university
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline (business, finance, or a STEM field) with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
- Quantitative proficiency and management experience as demonstrated by at least two years of professional work experience
Alumni Expedited Pathway to Admission
We are proud to offer a preferred and expedited admissions pathway to SCU alumni who qualify. Students are welcome to apply via this pathway if they have graduated with a GPA of 3.0 or above from any of Santa Clara University's degree programs, or a GPA of 2.5 or higher from the School of Engineering or in any STEM-related discipline.
Expedited alumni applicants need only submit the online application, personal statement and current resume/CV for initial consideration. Leavey alumni will be evaluated solely on this basis, while alumni from other schools and departments at SCU may be contacted if our admissions team deems further documentation necessary to make a decision regarding your application (GMAT/GRE scores, letters of recommendation, personal statement, etc.).
For more information about either the GMAT/GRE waiver or the expedited alumni admissions pathway, or for any other questions pertaining to admission to the Online MS in Marketing, contact an Admissions Outreach Advisor today.
By submitting this form, I agree to provide the contact information listed above for the purpose of receiving communication regarding educational programs and opportunities, and to be contacted by Santa Clara University and Everspring, its authorized representative.
Get Program Brochure
Considering an Online Master of Science (MS) in Marketing to take your career to the next level? Your journey starts here. Complete the form to get a program brochure for the Leavey School of Business’ Online MSM.
Get valuable insights into the online experience, learn more about the school of business, and see where this degree can take you.